Tuesday, March 10, 2009

The Spider Was No Match For Roman Holiday

Roman Holiday is not a person. For old farts, and movie buffs alike, "Roman Holiday" was a picture starring Cary Grant and Audrey Hepburn. It was Audrey's first starring role, and in 1953, it was Oscar-nominated for Best Picture.

I got home after doing another 7 miles tonight. I was tired going into it, but felt glad for doing it.
I had to. I have a race in almost 2 weeks, and I now have this mini weight-off competition with Darth Vader (dad).

Dad, here is the proof of my weigh in today....




After I got home I jumped right into the shower. I was all but ready to wash my hair, when suddenly I noticed a fairly large (2 inch diameter) spider walking upside down on my ceiling. It wasn't a daddy-long legs however. It was darker, and it's legs had a little more substance to them.

I got out of the shower, dripping everywhere, I might add, and looked for the first thing I could find....and there it was....."Roman Holiday" on DVD and on loan from the Lindenhurst library. I ran back into the bathroom and wouldn'tcha know it? The spider had crawled his way all the way until he was right over my bathtub. Imagine how nice it would've been, had that little 8-legged bugger fallen, while I was showering, right onto my boys. I'm sure the screams would have been heard all the way to Port Washington!

Knowing, I had to do something and soon, I placed DVD flat onto my right palm. With a coordinated effort, I lept up and smashed the not-so-itsy-bitsy spider that was still on the ceiling, into oblivion. You could say I gave the spider an all-expense trip to Italy. For it's smushed guts, and it's semi-meaty legs, all dismembered, laid just beneath Gregory Peck's chin next to the Roman Aqueduct (see up).

Thank you Paramount Pictures.

Speaking of pictures, I kinda like this photo I took of myself below. It is my current "Facebook" profile photo. I am in there as "Alex David Gonzalez" in case any of my anonymous and notsonymous readers want to see.

1 comment:

DGA said...

Remember Pete, wwith great power comes great responsibility! You killed the spider that gave you super strength. You're on your own now!
Unlike Gregory Peck who introduced his hand in the mouth of the animal (looked like a lion)in the Fontana di Trevi and pretended he was being bitten as a joke to scare Audrey Hepburn, you lost your hand by using it to kill a poor spider that all he/she wanted was to shower with you.
Signed:
The A.S.P.C.A