Friday, March 28, 2008

A Much Needed Day Off.

Battling a cold, and still recovering from a podiatrist' diagnosis befitting that of an Evil Knievel hospital chart, I had a day off today. No work. No emails. No voicemails. Just relaxing.
And the gym.

The pool at LA Fitness is still broken. It will be for at least 2 more weeks. The men's and women's locker rooms next to the pool is also closed. Good thing I'm not a swimmer.
I thought that at very least the parking lot would be empty, so parking would be easy and quick. Wrong. Even at a quarter to 11 in the morning, the LA Fitness parking lot was as bad as any other day.

Today, was a fat-burning session day. That meant keeping my heart rate to 60% of my max heart rate, or about 110 beats per minute. Of course, this meant going frustratingly slow, and not burning as many calories, or as quickly as I would like to have.

I've been weighing under 160 now since Wednesday. The weight has been coming off gradually, but it is coming off. At the beginning of last week, I was 161.

Today, I did about 2 hours on the elliptical and 20 on the stair master. That stair master really makes me sweat. Then I got on a machine that works the calf muscle. I finished off with 200 leg curls (for my hammys).

No comments: