Thursday, March 27, 2008

200 Posts Strong!


When I first started doing this blog, I really had no idea where it would take me. I figured it would be a useful tool to help coach me for future races, look back, etc. I had absolutely no idea however, that a year later, I would be submitting my bicentennial post. And here I am. Doh.

I went to my physical therapist again yesterday. My leg meanwhile has been feeling great. I was invited to run with the club last night, but I already had a prior committment to see "Under The Same Moon" (review below). The weather was nice too, 55F and sunny. Well, there will be more days. It was probably a good thing I didn't run either. Everyone in my office is getting a cough here, or a wheeze there, and I've been feeling a bit under the weather myself.

My weigh-in today was 159.4 and that marks 2 days in a row where I am under 160. The weight is coming off slow, but this is the right way. It's a major disruption to me to have to enter in calories for everything I eat, but when I do this, I focus on my intake, and I lose weight.

I will be skipping this weekend's Scotland Run race, opting instead to run with the club on Sunday a/o Saturday. In other club news, I just received a copy of the flyer for the race that we will be hosting in May. It looks good!

If anyone is interested in running a great race for a great cause (Memorial Sloan Kettering), then you should not pass this opportunity! Again, this is a 4-mile race that takes you through Forest Park. You'll run on the roads, you'll run on trails, and you'll start and finish on a beautifully-constructed oval track. I love that, because it's got a real olympic feel to it. Well, I won't shamelessly plug anymore, but it really is a unique race, I ran it last year, and it was well worth it!

I'll be going to the gym again tonight. Ho-Hum. I'm just killing to run the streets right now.
Patience. Patience. Ugh.

No comments: