Monday, March 24, 2008

Physical Therapy Begins.

I went to my physical therapist for the first time today. Within minutes they were strapping a device around my leg, sending electical currents throughout the area to stimulate the increase of blood flow there, to help aid the recovery process.

After that, they took me to their "gym", and did all kinds of funny things as instructed. At one point, I called my therapist "Oscar Goldman". He got the reference right away and told me that he will consider giving me a bionic leg if I fail my tests.

This evening I went to LA Fitness and spent about 50 minutes on the elliptical machine. A member of my club, Bonnie, had given me a great idea about pool running, but the pipes handling the flow of water to the pool at my gym, had rusted and burst......Makes me glad I hadn't used the pool in quite awhile. Still, the half the lockers were closed, so I was inconvenienced a bit, having to bring my transpack in tow with me.

I finished the gym with an Extreme Body 50 milk shake drink. What a wonder drink this stuff is. 50 grams of protein, only 250 calories, 3 grams of dietary fiber, and 23 vitamins, many of them 100% of the daily value. They are pricey (at $4 per pop), but worth the returns.

My next appointment for therapy is Wednesday. Let's see how that goes.

No comments: