Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Run....Run....Run Again....

Coming back off an off-day where I was feelin' completely off.....I ran.....not once or twice, but thrice. Sixteen point two miles. And I am here, and I am strong. My 1500 mile goal for the year is going to fall. I will see to that. And the "pace bunny" in that group that I am in that dictates that I should be at 1446 miles? Well, I am at 1432, and closing fast.

In the morning? 6.5 miles all around Queens. At lunch? Another 10km. At night? A short 3.5 mile through Forest Hills Gardens. Granite. Steel. Titanium. I am amazed at how well my body is holding up. I feel as if I am at the fringe of entering perhaps the next stage in my metamorphosis. I am both nervous and excited at the same time.

My last goal for this year is Fifteen-Hundred Miles. To some, the distance is like going driving from New York to the North Carolina outerbanks, and back to New York....and then back again.... To others, it's like driving to work and back for ONE. SOLID. YEAR.

And For me?

It's just a run in the park....many, many, many times over.

I will not relent.
I shall not weaken.
I will achieve my objective.

And next year? I've got a LOT in store.......

No comments: