Thursday, November 1, 2007

Happy Halloween!

Does everyone like my skinny 128 pound frame up above? That was me crossing the finish line
at my first ever New York City Marathon. That took place 23 years and 31 pounds ago. From a selfish perspective, it was the most incredible feeling I have ever had.

Well, tonight is my 100th post. So, as a treat, I've got something to show all of you.
Some of you might have already seen this on YouTube, but I got a real kick out of this and had to post it up here.

The video you are about to see is none other than the ENTIRE 26.2 miles of the race course of the New York City Marathon.

Since it has music embedded, you might want to turn off the website music on the right, before pressing play below. Enjoy.

I Run This City.


The weather is looking great for Marathon Sunday. After what I've seen at Boston and Chicago, I am ETERNALLY grateful for this opportunity in such weather. We're still 3 days away, so I am crossing my fingers and toes).

My final training run today consisted of 5 miles. I also did a little on the elliptical, the stationary bike, and the ski machine too. I did my 100 abs and a nice bit of stretching too.

I think I am ready as I will ever be this year. I am still very concerned about my feet cramping, and not sure what I can do about it, but for now I will continue my potassium regimen, my sleep, my multivitamins, and my foot stretches.

I can't believe we are here already. 3 more days. Tomorrow is my last day at work until next Wednesday because I banked 3 days in advance (Friday off, and Monday & Tuesday off).

Weight wise it's no use, I don't think I will be under the 160 line. Last year I was 164 when I ran it. I was hoping to be a lot less this year, but with the illnesses and business travels, it was not in the cards this year. I might contemplate a personal fitness instructor next year. We'll see how expensive they really are.

I shouldn't be up this late, but this is the last night I stay up late and this is a promise. Tomorrow, I will be going to bed at 8pm. Friday I will sleep until my bladder bursts, and Saturday, I am going to imitate a character from the walking dead. In other words, I PLAN TO DO NOTHING! Well, except for a few stretches here and there.

I took a look and there are 44 Gonzalez's running the race this year. I am still debating about what to wear, whether or not I should take the bus from 42nd street, or the ferry from Staten Island, and what my music will be when I run this.

No comments: