Friday, April 17, 2009

Frugalism!

I normally don't post twice in a day, but had to come back here for this bit of news.

I saved $80 dollars, and no it was not on Geico either.
I went with the approach of buying what was severly discounted instead of going by brands I liked. Then I took it 1 step further by selecting between which had the better buy, Pathmark vs. Waldbaums, and went to both markets to buy the items that each place won. The distance between the supermarkets were only 4 miles, so the cost of gasoline was negligable.

At Waldbaums, my original cost was $84.12 and I only paid $42.20 for a savings of $41.92.
At Pathmark, my original cost was $110.92 and I only paid $69.41 for a saving of $41.51.

Overall, I would have spent $195.04, but instead I only paid $111.61 for a savings of $83.43 !!!

Now, I will take the extra money I saved and go out drinking tonight.

Just kidding. LOL :-P

No comments: