Monday, March 9, 2009

So Glad That Spring's Around the Corner.

This past Saturday with the mercury hitting 60F, I took my kids in tow with me to the track. In the end I only did 3 miles, but it was fairly grueling. In Mile 1, I spent most of it, eyeballing my kids in the center of the track as I ran around them. In Mile 2, I put Matthew over my shoulders and ran all 4 laps that way. Think of it as the ultimate piggy back ride. My per mile rate was probably at around11-12 minutes per, but I was dying! In the 3rd and last mile, I had my kids run with me for 2 of the laps, but then I took them to the grandstand and ran up and down each section of it, until my children cried foul and waited for me at the bottom. No doubt, I was enjoying it more than they were at the end, but it was nice to see both of them have a nice time.

This past week saw some up and downs both from the weight perspective but from mileage as well. Despite the noticeably quiet week, I did do 10 miles on Wednesday night on the treadmill. I hope to be able to start stringing a couple of those types of days, especially now that the days are getting longer.

Ahh, yes. Longer days. I love the sunlight. It will be nice when I can come home from work and be able to run for at least an hour before the sun sets. Yes!

No comments: