Saturday, June 28, 2008

Inaugural Run: Long Beach Boardwalk.

Date: Saturday, June 28, 2008
Time: 5:00 PM
Distance: 4.25 Miles
Location: Long Beach, NY
Temp: 74F Humidity: 68%

We took the kids this afternoon to see Wall*E. It was very well made. A little bit robbed from other movies, and Wall*E himself looked like a direct rip off from "Short Circuit" a movie back in the 80's.

Afterwards the kids were clamoring for me to take them to the beach. I also need to get more miles in, since I didn't fare so well earlier.

I'll cut to the chase. We all went to Long Beach before the storms came. I ran an entire loop of the boardwalk, end to end. The soft planks were forgiving on the knees, and unlike Coney Island, I didn't have to worry much about spikes sticking out of the wood to trip over on.

I did a negative progressive split the entire way. 8:46, 8:21, 7:48 and 7:23 for the last mile. Afterwards, I ran another .25 mile barefoot on the beach, and capped it all off with a very cold shower near the men's room. Ahhhh...Coool!

Traffic was horrible on the way back. It took us 2 hours to get home.


No comments: