Thursday, May 8, 2008

Matt's 3rd Game

Matt's team didn't do as well as their opponents and they lost this game. However, his mom mentioned that they won their second game.

Here's Matt's highlight hit for today (courtesy of You Tube):


AB..R...H...1B..2B..3B..HR..RBI
Game 1 2...2...2...1...0...1...0...3...
Game 2 3...3...3...2...1...0...0...2...
Game 3 3...2...2...1...2...0...0...1...

Through 3 games, Matt is batting .875 (7 for 8) with 3 doubles, 1 triple and 6 RBI's!

It was nice to see my kids again. Keeping in mind that I don't have them this weekend, plus I have to drive 6 counties to Matt's game, costing me 40 dollars in tolls and gasoline. Still, it is worth it.

After the game, I headed for Rita's Trattoria Pizza. The owner Sal, originally had his restaurant in Arthur Avenue in the Bronx. Rita, his daughter, graduated from the same Culinary Institute that Bobby Flay did. In fact, they were classmates together. Their pizza is by far the best in Rockland County. If you are ever up there, you owe it to yourself to give them a try. It is that good. There is also another popular place called the "Pie Man", but truthfully, their pizza doesn't even come close. Just my two cents.

Below are pictures. Steffie was at the game as well, and I finally found out that she actually chewed gum BEFORE the age of 10 (last month). A-ha! I gave her a pack
of Hannah Montana cards ( because I know she likes her ).




1 comment:

DGA said...

Great pictures of Steffie and Matthew! Love his swing and disposition playing. You can tell He really enjoys it!