Friday, November 23, 2007

Zero C

What had originally stated as a loop around Metropolitan Woodhaven and Queens Boulevard ended up being extended. Despite the 0 celsius reading, I was feeling great (In fact, I still feel I could have gone longer but stopped short to play it safe). I wasn't running for speed. I took my time, ran with my Brooks full body reflective suit, my Turtle Dry hat, my Nike gloves, and my Buff neck warmer. The sunrise on Queens Boulevard was spectacular, as the sun and rays just basked me as I travelled eastward. Running over the falling leaves was a little unnerving (cause who knows what was underneath) but it felt nice and soft. Also the brilliance of colors radiating from the different colored leaves on Austin Street near the Kew Gardens train station was a true thing of beauty.

No comments: