Wednesday, August 1, 2007

LA Un-fitness

I just couldn't get it started tonight. Nancy (who was once Nanny for the kids) had come over from Jackson Heights to spend some time with us. We took her to the gym.
She had fun, Ileana had fun. I did not.

LA Un-Fitness.

The treadmill felt like a bed of nails. My legs felt like cement blocks. It didn't matter the speed, I was just sore all over. I could have stretched some more, perhaps that might have helped. I stretched afterwards, and it didn't.

The girls were going to go to the steam room, but I was well done already. Since they had dinner even before I got to the apartment, I decided to grab a quick bite.

MISTAKE #1: Never eat a meal less than 3 hours before you go to bed. Or it will stay with you like a coffee-table.

I went for Pizza.

MISTAKE #2: Two slices of pizza is over 800 calories.

Then I stopped at a convenience store and had a Good Humor Candy Center Crunch Ice Cream Bar.

MISTAKE #3: Never have an Ice Cream desert where there nearly 300 calories and 12 grams of saturated fat in it.

Despite my belly feeling satiated, I completely fell off the wagon. I wound up eating over 2,000 calories and had 28 grams of saturated fat in one day (8 over the FDA recommended)

EDITORS UPDATE: I gained nearly a pound this morning. Serves me right!

No comments: