Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Treadmillosis Brokenitis.


More and more, gymnasiums (a necessary supplement) have been infected with this deadly disease. It starts with the host germ, called the gym employee, doing something other than working. This includes talking to the good looking girl at the smoothie bar, or checking out the -err- fitness quotient of some of the members. And how does it end? It ends with treadmills that work like c*%p and become unusuable to the feet & legs of many.


Of course, it would be nice to put a SIGN on the treadmill warning us to stay away from these
neglected, and overrun machines....but NOOOOOOO (John Belushi style), it is far better for you, the PAYING customer to get on the treadmill, and nearly get off --- on the floor behind you.

Oh, by the way, that was a rant.

Anyway, it had been 3 days since my last run, and my mini-strains on my calves are much better now. I ran a 5K in an easy, slow speed (about 10 min. per mile). My calves were a little tight after the run, but I think I am in a much better place now.

To all people of Cleveland......THANK YOU FOR THE SUN!

Yes, the streak of gray skies is broken.

However, the streak of late flight departures is not. 10 flights in a row and counting... (That was a 'rant aftershock')

Weather is miserable, raining swimming pools over here.

Pizza night tonight (Dani's special an entire pie for 8 bucks).

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Not sure I could do the gym thing... I'm looking at investing in a treadmill for the house for those rainy, hot and sometimes hurricane days Florida tends to offer.

Glad to read that your calves are cooperating!