Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Hamptons - One Last Injury-laden Hurrah.



So despite the injuries, we set east one last time to the Hamptons. My scabbing was not as tight anymore, but it still restricted my mobility. Thus playing tennis was not a wise move. First of all, I lost my glasses this weekend, and I think it happened while we were playing tennis of all things. Second of all, I aggravated my left calf muscle while playing tennis.

I still ran 18 miles over two days though. After tennis, we ran about 11 miles and the next day we ran to the sag harbor bridge and back. The night before I actually drove my car onto a ferry and went to Shelter Island. That was the first time I've ever done that with a car. We drove off and into town, and went to a place called Sweet Tomatoes. The ambiance was very romantic and the food and the service was excellent.

Here is the outside of Sweet Tomatoes, the exact table of where we ate too, but at night...

Of course, I did not fair much better physically as the days ahead came and went. My never healing knee had bequeathed itself to the tightness of my left calf muscle. It hurt a lot. So,as a result, I did the wise thing and bow out of the Fitness Games (see Karen below) on the 12th...

And most definitely, I also took a pass on the NYC Century Bike tour on the 13th. I was really bummed about that, especially because the weather was absolutely beautiful. Karen did the century as well (see pic below - started on 110th and Central Park North), and I just stayed home and wallowed in self-pity. BooHoo.

I did get to sell my ticket for the Century run however. I had it on Craigslist, and on the New York Cycle Club website.

Disappointed, I tried my hand at running on in Central Park on the 14th and 15th, but I still wasn't right. The only thing left for me to do was to rest. Even if the Queens Half Marathon was only 5 days away......

No comments: