Sunday, February 24, 2008

OSCAR Night has arrived.

The 80th OSCARS are here!

These were the movies I have seen that were released in 2007.










As can imagine, I love movies almost as much as I love running.....Hey, I have to do
something when I'm not running, so why not watch a movie?

(2007) Movies I Still Want To See:
Disturbia
Charlie Wilson's War
The Great Debators
Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street
Natural Treasure: Book of Secrets
4 Luni, 3 Saptanoni Si 2 Zile
The Man From Earth
The Air I Breathe
12
Hot Fuzz
In The Shadow of the Moon
Death Sentence
The King Of Kong
The Mist
No End In Sight
The Savages
Sicko
Stardust
La Vie En Rose




And now for the movies I thought to be the best in '08
(of course these are not valid categories at the Academy Awards, but so what?):

Best Comedy:
Superbad

Best Documentary:
Sicko (haven't seen)

Best Horror:
Hannibal Rising

Best Crime Movie:
The Brave One

Best Drama:
Into The Wild

Best Love Movie:
Love In The Time Of Cholera

Best Musical:
Hairspray

Best Animated Movie:
Ratatouille

Best Kids Movie:
Enchanted

Best Science Fiction:
I Am Legend

Best Foreign Film:
The Lives of Others

Best War Movie:
Rescue Dawn

Best Action Movie:
The Bourne Ultimatum


Best Supporting Actress:

That little girl in Atonement. (shit I forgot her name!)


Best Supporting Actor:

Hal Holbrook

Best Actor:
Daniel Day-Lewis in "There Will Be Blood"

Best Actress:
Ellen Page in Juno
(Jodie Foster in "The Brave One" a very, very close second!)

Best Direction:
3:10 To Yuma

Best Special Effects:
Spiderman 3




As this event draws to it's eventual commencement, it's somewhat similar to the Super Bowl. Lotsa hype, and a great amount of entertainment ahead. I personally, love it when they have the tribute movies to all who have passed on. And I know this sounds morbid, but they should really take the montages from every year and make a really, really, long tribute DVD!



One last note. I like Johnny Depp, but if he wins Best Actor over Day-Lewis, I will puke...

No comments: